Saturday, March 5, 2011

How to LIVE ON PURPOSE!

How to live on purpose!  
Aspire to be inspired

I wish there was an easy answer as to how you discover your purpose, or your calling in life so to speak.  I guess the first question would be: 
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR IT?

One of my favorite versus in the bible is Matthew 7:7
- Ask, and it shall be given to you
- Seek, and ye shall find
- Knock, and it shall be opened to you

Whether you follow biblical principles or not, I think this makes a lot of sense to all of us.  It's hard to find anything in life if you aren't looking for it.  When I lose my keys, I don't go sit in my car waiting for the keys to magically manifest in my hands.  So if you want to find your purpose in life, start searching.  But how, where?

My personal opinion is that, as human beings, we were created to serve others.  With rare exception, people find great reward and satisfaction in helping others.  I think it is important to understand that you don't have to run a save the children not-for-profit or spend all of your free time at the local homeless shelter (although people who do that are an absolute inspiration!).  You can work for 40 years at Mcdonald's and live a servants life.  You serve your children, spouse, honor your parents, volunteer in your local community, compliment others on a daily basis and become a shining, beacon of light that attracts and inspires others. 

In other words, your purpose can be as much of a mindset as it is a profession.  It's a consciousness and awareness that life isn't about you, your stuff and keeping yourself entertained.  I can guarantee God has bigger plans for you than that!

If you have a passion, pursue it!  Say you are good at woodworking, like to paint or ride horses, have a gift to make children smile or you're an amazing tennis player.  Whatever it is, God gave you that gift or talent, so go for it!  Watching TV or playing video games all day won't help.  That's serving yourself, not others.  I know many people who had a talent they nurtured when they were younger, then "life" happened and they think about how they "used" to do this or that, or "wish" they could do that again.  Change you attitude. 

If what you're good at makes you smile,  
use it to inspire others  
and make them smile as well!  

Vaughn

No comments:

Post a Comment